ELA CCSS Resources
Common Core State Standards: What Districts Can Do
This document provides suggestions as to the steps that districts can begin taking now regarding the implementation of the CCSS.
DESE Model Curriculum
Hunt Institute/CCSSO Video Series
To further aid states as they continue to implement the Common Core State Standards (Standards), the Hunt Institute and the Council of Chief State School Officers have commissioned a series of video vignettes that explain the Standards in far greater depth.
States, schools, districts and teachers can use these videos in a number of ways—including, but not limited to:
- Start compelling conversations about setting state or district policy goals, orienting staff to new classroom demands, assessing professional development tools, and creating local curricula and instructional materials.
- Help educators understand the major changes and advances in their state standards and their impact on what happens in classrooms.
- Use as strong lead-ins to teacher and administrator engagement in implementation and in setting higher expectations for students.
- Help parents understand the true essence of the Standards – why changes were important, what will be different in the educational experiences of their children, and how shared expectations—between parents and teachers—can help support children’s learning.
- Galvanize support for schools – educating parents and community leaders toward a shared goal of helping all students succeed.